UCL International Foundation Year Global (UIFY Global)
The UCL International Foundation Year (UIFY) is a one-year pre-university qualification which is ideally suitable for students who would like to get a head-start in their undergraduate level programme. UIFY provides the pathway for students after O/Levels to develop the skills and knowledge required to commence their undergraduate studies in selected disciplines and become a graduate by the age 21. Upon successful completion of the UIFY students can directly enter the Year 1 of a degree programme. Students who have done A/Levels but have not met the entry criteria for the degree and who would like to improve their knowledge in preparation for a university degree may also enroll for this foundation year.
The programme emphasizes development of students’ core competencies in English Language & Communication skills with a focus on preparing students for higher studies and specialized modules in Computing, Business, Health Science and Engineering; therefore, providing students with the opportunity to proceed towards undergraduate studies confidently.
Foundation Programme Streams
• Health Science
To complete the qualification, students must study and pass eight (8) modules, which includes six (6) compulsory modules and two (2) elective modules in either Computing or Business streams.
▪ Developing English Language Skills
▪ Advanced English Language Skills
▪ English for Academic Purposes
▪ Study & Communication Skills
▪ Culture Studies
▪ Introduction to Computing
▪ Introduction to Programming
▪ Introduction to Business
▪ Introduction to Accounting and Economics
Group class delivery mode, with lectures, discussions and tutorial sessions. The 8 modules are delivered across 2 semesters.
Assessments and Examinations
The modules are assessed by either examination or coursework assignments.
Upon successful completion of the programme students may enter the 1st year of the following degree programmes of the University of Central Lancashire, UK offered at UCL or transfer credits to other universities in UK, Malaysia, Australia, Canada, USA and many other destinations*.
Foundation Programmes on offer:
• UCL International Foundation Year (UIFY)
Pathway to degree completion in Sri Lanka with the University of Central Lancashire, UK
• UCL International Foundation Year Global Pathway (UIFY Global)
One Foundation, Many Destinations
Pathway to degree completion in 90+ universities, institutes, and business schools* in Canada, New Zealand, USA, UK, Germany, France, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and may more
UIFY Global PathwayOne Foundation, Many Destinations
The UIFY Global Pathways is the most versatile foundation programme that provides global opportunities for students to embark on their higher education enabling them to reach the zenith of a chosen career. This programme gives wide scope with many destinations which are profitable and exciting to discerning students.
UIFY Global Pathways Unique Key Benefits
• Special financial grants*
• Merit scholarships for high achieving students
• Covers additional modules to facilitate the student transfer
• Country specific orientation
• Cultural workshop
• Language support
• Visa Guidance
• Travel and accommodation support and
• Introduction to university student body and many more
UIFY Global Pathway Programme Pathway
Upon successful completion of the programme students may transfer the credits to other below mentioned universities* to enter the 1st year of the degree.
*Conditions apply Preferred partners
• Valparaiso University – USA
• Lakehead university – Canada
• ESC Clermont Business School – France
• Carroll University – USA
• CQ University – Australia
• University of Nicosia Medical School – Cyprus
• Bangor University – Wales, UK
• Birmingham City University- UK
• Limerick Institute if Technology – Ireland
• Liverpool Hope University - UK
• National College of Ireland - Ireland